Beach

Beach

Monday, February 10, 2014

New Beginnings... It's Terrifying.

Well we are already a month into the new year and I am seriously so bad at this whole blogging thing! I have some crazy/ weird/ exciting changes coming up in my life and I thought I would jot down a few thoughts I have been having about them lately. Wellll for starters I am graduating in 3 months! AND OH MY GOSH I AM SCARED!!!! I have been looking forward to this time in my life for so long that now that it's actually here it's terrifying. SO here are few thoughts I have been having lately as my last semester of college has gotten crazy busy and I have started to try to figure out what the heck I am going to be doing after I leave the safety net of Logan, Utah and school.

1. Why the heck did I ever think graduating would be a good idea?!

2. Once I do graduate if I don't have a job right after graduation does that make me a failure?

3. If I do get a job am I making the right decision wherever I choose to go?

4. If I choose the wrong job am I going to ruin the rest of my life?? (An irrational thought, yes but nonetheless one that has crossed my mind)

5. If I stay in Utah does that make me a failure?

6. What is the "Real world" like anyway and why is it called that? Is there really such thing as a "fake world"?

7. Have I done enough to prepare myself for what's to come? .... probably not.

8. Am I ready for a new beginning and fresh start? YES.

These were just a few of the questions that have been constantly running through my mind as I enter this next chapter of life. The hardest part for me to accept out of all this is what I want to do vs. what I should do. I would hope they were one in the same and yet sometimes I think God has a little bit better idea of what I need than I do. As much as I would love to be in a big city and go to New York,  LA or Chicago, maybe now is not the right time and that's ok, because I know if I truly want it to happen I can and will make it happen and I will love whatever I will be doing.

Sometimes you just have to simply follow the wise words of one my very favorite songs from one of my favorite movies and "LET IT GO!" So for right now I am trying to take things one day at a time by not getting overwhelmed and caught up in all of the talk of future plans. The most frustrating thing lately has been the constant question of, "Oh you're graduating soon! What are your plans?" Well you know I don't know what my official plan is yet... but I  have an idea and I am doing the best I can to prepare for the future by living in the present.

Here were a few of my favorite quotes I have found to help me get through this "Terrifying time".
I Just love Audrey.




2 comments:

  1. Well put sis, however, I see that you are missing one question.... What are you going to do when your not so close to your big sis??.... ;-) but *sigh *. Love you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah well I mean of course... That question was obviously implied! :)

    ReplyDelete